Monday, April 19, 2010

Variable Height Constant Level Adjustable Level Speed Bag





Variable Height Constant Level Speed Bag Platform



This speed bag platform was cut by tangent fixed center lathe method from plywood.


The hinged and counterweighted mechanism I designed allows it to be lowered and raised via a hand cranked winch without changing it horizontally level plane.


The hinging structure is made from recycled angle iron from bed frames. I found some hardwood on Craigs list that was part of a dresser and snapped this up too.


Bed frame angle iron is the dog bone for the mechanically minded and enterprising man. An inventor must have his dog bone bed frame angle iron or he isn’t happy at all.


No matter what bad things might be said of boxing as a sport, the speed bag is by the best way to achieve hand eye coordination. Hand eye coordination is the key to success in a majority of sports.


When making new things strive to make them strong and durable. Focus on strength of design and materials. Balance also played a more central role in this design.



God Bless,



Thomas Paul Murphy



Copyright 2010 Thomas Paul Murphy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my Blogs. My name is Thomas Murphy and I love the forest and wildlife areas of Wisconsin and would like to share my thoughts and the pictures I have taken of the natural areas of Wisconsin. Come share in my collection of what I feel to some of the finest scenes and images of the forests, lakes, rivers and marshes that Wisconsin has to offer. I like to go to pristine and secluded areas where nature resides quietly and I feel the resulting “lost” images are profoundly unique. I am usually “in the moment” when I take these pictures. When I say in the moment I mean a sense of excitement often precedes what my eye captures through the camera. I never stage these shots but seem to be in the right place and time when I shoot them. And when I transfer them from my camera and view them on my computer screen I realize a sense of surrealism that resonates with me yet again to the time they were taken and exemplify the beauty of nature. Please peruse my sites and experience the beauty of being there as I did. WWW.ThomasMurphy.lifepics.com