Monday, April 19, 2010

Brief Case Secure




Brief Case Secure



The laptop briefcase came from Geeks.com. I think I paid about 15 dollars on sale. A hard shell like this is the only thing I would use to protect my intellectual property from damage. The problem was that I had so much intellectual property that the original single latch in the center would burst open. I usually pack it more than full. The original solution was to use military strapping and place joining fittings that snap together to form a safety belt the encompassed the entirety of both “Shells” of the case and hold it together when the latch burst. I always knew that this was only a temporary measure.


So when I had time recently I went down to my treasure chest of old odds and ends parts under my workbench and rummaged and rootled through until I found these two complete sets of window latches, that I salvaged when we had replacement energy efficient windows installed on our house. I cleaned these by using the lighter oil viscosity cleaning method, in this case vegetable oil as a degreaser. And polished them up. They actually have their patent number stamped on the bottom of them. Intrigued I did a quick patent search and found out that patent number 2151219 was issued in 1939 to inventor Sern, Madsen. The current assignee for it is Curtis Companies.


Here are the scatological instructions: Align latches to where will go, mark for holes, center punch to form a tip of the drill bit holding spot, drill, #2 square recessed head bolts from McFeelys.com, inside hole larger to accommodate nut diameter without deforming dual layer gapped aluminum construction, nylon locking nuts, reapply fabric over nuts on inside with rubber cement.


The half shells of this case have a layered seam and the addition of these latches makes for a SOLID case period. Now the trouble is I don’t want to put too much in it because I don’t want it to break at the lower hinge. The solution is to freely disseminate more information from it such as thisJ



God Bless,



Thomas Paul Murphy



Copyright 2010 Thomas Paul Murphy


1 comment:

  1. Hello, I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wish you best of luck for all your best efforts. Fully automatic strapping machine

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my Blogs. My name is Thomas Murphy and I love the forest and wildlife areas of Wisconsin and would like to share my thoughts and the pictures I have taken of the natural areas of Wisconsin. Come share in my collection of what I feel to some of the finest scenes and images of the forests, lakes, rivers and marshes that Wisconsin has to offer. I like to go to pristine and secluded areas where nature resides quietly and I feel the resulting “lost” images are profoundly unique. I am usually “in the moment” when I take these pictures. When I say in the moment I mean a sense of excitement often precedes what my eye captures through the camera. I never stage these shots but seem to be in the right place and time when I shoot them. And when I transfer them from my camera and view them on my computer screen I realize a sense of surrealism that resonates with me yet again to the time they were taken and exemplify the beauty of nature. Please peruse my sites and experience the beauty of being there as I did. WWW.ThomasMurphy.lifepics.com