Monday, April 19, 2010

Clock Mechanisms Four Dollars



















Clock Mechanisms Four Dollars




Clock mechanism kits cost about three or four dollars from American Science and Surplus. They usually take one AA battery and when you combine them with a saw blade and paint you have the start of a nice project. The mechanism attaches to the blade through the whole in the center of it with one low profile brass nut.




The blades are cleaned scuffed, prepped with vinegar, primed, painted and clear sealed.




The yellow, black, green and white one abstractly represents the hot Wheels Racing cars of our youth.




This clock has glow paint made by Rustoleum. You can find it in a hardware store.




This Iron Cross 10” diameter blade clock has glow paint in the center and blue on the edges and the time is readily seen for awhile when the lights are turned out.




This one is about 5” in diameter and the numbers were meant to be created like a Salvador Dali font. To give accolades to his shifting and melting view of time picture. What did he mean by this? Is a matter of enlightenment.




This one was made from a recycled aluminum frying pan. I drilled this one with deming bits to abstractly resemble an expensive milled alloy automotive sport wheel rim.




The first one of these I made from the bottom of a metal coffee can (not shown). I cut it with Wiss aviation metal snips to resemble a disk and scuffed the plating off so that I could oxidize it to brown in some spots. I then sealed this in with clear coat to preserve the finish for life. I then gave the thing that resembled a land mine to a neighbor; I wasn’t the fondest of, who was moving away. Later he told me one of his sons really likes it, put it in his room, and stares at it forever. It is good to give gifts that people like.







God Bless,




Thomas Paul Murphy






Copyright 2010 Thomas Paul Murphy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my Blogs. My name is Thomas Murphy and I love the forest and wildlife areas of Wisconsin and would like to share my thoughts and the pictures I have taken of the natural areas of Wisconsin. Come share in my collection of what I feel to some of the finest scenes and images of the forests, lakes, rivers and marshes that Wisconsin has to offer. I like to go to pristine and secluded areas where nature resides quietly and I feel the resulting “lost” images are profoundly unique. I am usually “in the moment” when I take these pictures. When I say in the moment I mean a sense of excitement often precedes what my eye captures through the camera. I never stage these shots but seem to be in the right place and time when I shoot them. And when I transfer them from my camera and view them on my computer screen I realize a sense of surrealism that resonates with me yet again to the time they were taken and exemplify the beauty of nature. Please peruse my sites and experience the beauty of being there as I did. WWW.ThomasMurphy.lifepics.com